01 December 2010

NEW TOTAL: 194,890 entries!!!

The total number of entries in the pre1920 Oklahoma Death Index has broken the 190,000 entries mark. And since last Saturday I have nearly 4,000 more in my temporary files to add. So sometime in the next two weeks the total will surpass 200,000 entries.

Many entries are from southeastern Oklahoma counties. And nearly 6,000 are from the Indian Pioneer History Papers interviews. My plans for the near future are to finish most of Pittsburg County and finish Garfield County.

Once I finish Pittsburg and Garfield Counties, I plan to take a break and catch up on my Civil War veteran research. As the Graves Registration Officer for the Department of Oklahoma, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War (SUVCW), I locate and document graves of both Union and Confederate veterans in Oklahoma. I have entered many men of the right age to have served, and will spend a week or so comparing their entries to entries from the federal Civil War pension index.

If you have questions, please contact me at okdeathindex@hotmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment